Monday, April 22, 2013

creamy chicken corn chowder


Hall of Fame!  You'll have to trust me on this because these photos stink.  I get really annoyed when my lousy photography skills get in the way of a good meal.  This soup is the perfect soup for me.  Rich and creamy.  

creamy chicken corn chowder (adapted from 71 Toes)
6 cups chicken broth (I used 6 cups water and 6 teaspoons bouillon)
1 package light cream cheese
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups mild Pace picante sauce
3 chicken breasts, shredded (I cooked mine in a slow cooker)
1 (4 ounce) can green chiles
1 cup frozen sweet corn
1 can black beans, drained (I served those on the side)
cheese for serving, optional

Saute onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil.  Add broth, cream cheese, corn, salsa, beans and bring to a boil.  Add the chicken and heat until chicken is hot.
You may serve with cheese, sour cream, avocado, etc. but I thought it was perfect without (and fewer fat grams and calories!).

No comments:

Post a Comment