Tuesday, November 20, 2012

grace's chocolate chip cookies









Grace is my daughter's favorite preschool teacher and was happily surprised when Grace delivered a plate of these cookies to her on her birthday with a card that she carried around the next day.  My kids hummed as they ate them and my oldest declared we must get the recipe!  When I saw the recipe I knew why they are so good- 1 pound of butter...and chocolate chips!!

grace's chocolate chip cookies (our friend Grace)
1 pound butter
1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
2 cups packed brown sugar
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
6 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
about 2 cups chocolate chips 

Cream butter and sugars.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix.  Add next three ingredients; mix.  Stir in chocolate chips.
Scoop dough with spoons or ice cream scoop and place on cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.  Bake at 350 for 14-16 minutes or until set.

No comments:

Post a Comment