Saturday, October 6, 2012

camie's chioppino









Chioppino is one of my favorites.  I decided to make my very own recipe and my husband gave it a Hall of Fame approval!  I have to admit it was mighty good especially served with Ruth's favorite breadsticks which you can find on this blog.

camie's chioppino (yours truly)
1 (24 ounce) can Hunt's garlic and herb pasta sauce
1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
3 cups water
1 tablespoon beef bouillion granules
1/2 pound tiny shrimp
a couple handfuls of sea scallops
1 pound mussels
1/2 pound raw fish (I used tilapia loins but cod or halibut would be good too)
1 teaspoon dried oregano
several shakes of Tabasco sauce
several shakes of black pepper

Heat a medium sized pot over the stove and add the pasta sauce, stewed tomatoes, water and beef granules.  Heat to a boil.  Turn down to medium heat and add the rest of the ingredients.  Cook until fish is opaque.  Serve with breadsticks.

No comments:

Post a Comment