Thursday, September 20, 2012

apple smiles









The kindergarten teachers at Amelia Earhart Elementary made these when we taught the Letter Aa.  I never thought to make them with my own kids until I taught the letter Aa for preschool last week.  My kids LOVED these.  In fact all the kids ate the entire thing.  You just never ever know what kids are going to like or dislike.  I wasn't even going to post them until I made some again this afternoon and the crowd went wild.  Wild!  Wanna see smiles?  Make these.

apple smiles
apple slices
Skippy chunky peanut butter
mini marshmallows

Spread peanut butter on two apple slices.  Add marshmallows and put the slices together until they form a smile.  That is how we always did it until I just saw in my Food Network Magazine some scary smiles- they used almonds for the teeth (too spooky for me).  Instead of using slices of apple, they cut a wedge into an apple piece so that's what I did this time.  It worked really well.  Have fun and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment