Wednesday, August 29, 2012

snickers pie









My friend and her darling little girls were away for the entire summer.  I remembered that my friend enjoys Snickers Pie so I decided to make one and sneak it into her refrigerator for her return and make another one for my family.  There are so many recipes online that I am not sure this is the right recipe but it was sure good.  And rich.  And peanut buttery.  And chocolatey.  If you have a sweet tooth, this is the pie for you.

snickers pie (food.com)
makes 2 pies
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter or chunky peanut butter
3 regular sized Snickers candy bars (I used a whole bag of miniatures), chopped
16 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
2 (6 ounce) chocolate or graham cracker pie crusts

In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter until creamy.  Stir in chopped candy bars (I stirred in half of the bag of snack size candy bars).  Gently fold in the Cool Whip just until mixed.  Pour into crusts and refrigerate overnight.

What I have to say- I also drizzled caramel sauce over the pie, sprinkled the remaining Snickers bars on top then melted some chocolate chips and drizzled those over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment