Friday, June 1, 2012

strawberry trifle












This is how my strawberry trifle looked before I took it to a barbeque on Memorial Day.  I wish I had the "after" photo.  The bowl was empty and as my husband carried the bowl to the car he said, "I think someone even licked the inside!".   This dessert is Hall of Fame.

strawberry trifle (The Benders)
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
1/4 teaspoon almond extract (a must!)
1/2 pint whipping cream
4 tablespoons sugar, divided
1 angel food cake, cubed (I used two 10 ounce angel food cake loaves)
4 quarts strawberries, sliced
blueberries for garnish

Cream together cream cheese and powdered sugar.  Add sour cream, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla and almond extract.  Set aside.
Blend whipping cream with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Fold into cream cheese mixture and add angel food cake pieces.  Sprinkle remaining sugar  over strawberries.  Layer berries and cake mixture ending with berries.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Yummy! I've been waiting for this one. It was DELICIOUS and looked so pretty! Thanks Camie!

    ReplyDelete