I lightened up a recipe that looked SO delicious and it was as delicious as I expected it to be. I needed to make good use of some red peppers and glad I chose to experiment with this recipe.
feta stuffed peppers (adapted from My Worldwide Recipes)
3 red peppers
little bit of olive oil
filling
1 cup crumbled feta
3-6 tablespoons Greek yogurt
1/8 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 clove garlic, grated
two big handfuls of spinach cut and cooked long enough to wilt (30 sec in the micro is great)
dressing
1 tablespoon oil
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon lemon juice
pinch of sea salt
Preheat your oven to 420 degrees. Line a baking pan with parchment paper. Make a slit on each pepper and brush their skin with olive oil. Bake for 5 minutes until they soften slightly (I baked mine longer). Let them col for 10 minutes. Use a spoon to discard the seeds and discard any juice. Note: Next time I will discard the seeds before baking.
In a bowl, combine feta, yogurt, chopped dill, garlic and spinach.
Fill each pepper with the feta mixture. Return them to the oven for another 10 minutes until the filling is slightly golden. Note: I cooked mine much longer.
Whisk together the dressing and drizzle over the top.

No comments:
Post a Comment