Saturday, August 1, 2026

grilled spiced chicken skewers with cucumber salad

 











Honestly, these were even better as leftovers as I enjoyed mine poolside at the resort.  The combination of the chicken with the cucumbers and tzatziki is delicious!

grilled spiced chicken skewers with cucumber salad (slightly adapted from             Country Living)
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts                                                                         
1 tablespoon oil
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 teaspoons smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
kosher salt and black pepper

cucumber salad:
1 sliced english cucumber
2 sliced scallions
1/4 cup chopped fresh mint (I didn't have that; wish I would've had cilantro)
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon chopped fresh lime juice
1 garlic clove, minced

tzatziki sauce for serving

Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces.  Toss with oil, curry powder, smoked paprika, cayenne pepper, kosher salt and pepper.  Let marinate in the fridge for a few hours.

Heat grill to medium-high.  Thread marinated chicken onto skewers.  Grill, turning occasionally until charred and cooked through 8-10 minutes.

Meanwhile, toss together cucumber, scallions, mint, olive oil, fresh lime juice and garlic.  Season with salt and pepper. 

Enjoy the chicken, cucumbers and tzatziki sauce with some rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment