Wednesday, October 2, 2019

jamaican jerk pork tenderloin











This was sooo good and very different from what I expected.  My family visited Jamaica last spring.  Jamaica is gorgeous and the people were wonderful.  However, I have never been much of a fan of jerk chicken.  Something about the sweetness of the cinnamon with the chicken?  I'm not sure.  This sauce was different and I really, really enjoyed it.

Note:  I grilled the tenderloin as the recipe called for but the center wasn't cooking properly so I sliced the tenderloin and put it back on the grill.  Next time I'll slice the tenderloin and marinade it sliced.  I enjoyed the marinade/sauce so much that this will allow me to taste more of it.

jamaican jerk pork tenderloin (Cooking Light's Global Cookbook)
2 cups coarsely chopped green onions
1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
2 teaspoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons chopped peeled fresh ginger
1 teaspoon ground allspice (I didn't have any!)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 to 4 Scotch bonnet or habanero peppers, seeded and chopped (I used Jalapeno)
2 pound pork tenderloin, trimmed
cooking spray

Place first 15 ingredients in a blender or food processor; process until smooth.
Combine pork and green onion mixure in a dish or large zip-top plastic bag.  Cover or seal; marinate in refrigerator 3 to 24 hours.  Remove pork from dish or bag; discard remaining marinade.
Prepare grill to medium-high heat.
Place pork on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 8 minutes on each side or until meat thermometer registers 160 degrees (slightly pink).  Serves 6

No comments:

Post a Comment