Monday, September 2, 2019

three bean salad











We had a salad bar for dinner tonight.  I always forget how much I love a good salad bar with lots of options.  I love this 3-bean salad because there's no added sugar.  Too many times 3-beans salads are mostly sugar.  I thought this recipe was perfect for me.

three bean salad
1 (15 ounce) can cut green beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
1/4 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1/4 yellow onion, finely chopped
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar

Pour all the beans into a large bowl.  Add the pepper and onion and gently combine.  In a small bowl combine the oil, vinegar, garlic powder, pepper and salt.  Pour over the beans and careful mix to combine.  Allow to marinate 4+ hours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment