Monday, September 30, 2019

slow cooker adobo chicken












I just found my new favorite adobo chicken recipe.  This was sooo good.  One of my kids ate before I got home with the others and reported that dinner was awesome.  I have to agree.  So incredibly flavorful and so easy to make.

slow cooker adobo chicken (adapted from Cooking Light's Global Kitchen Cookbook)
cooking spray
6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
2 cups chopped onion
5 garlic cloves, minced
6 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons water
3 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 bay leaf
steamed jasmine rice

Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.  Place chicken thighs in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Sprinkle the chopped onion on top.  In a bowl or measuring cup, combine the soy sauce, water, vinegar, honey and black pepper.  Pour over the chicken and onions.  Place a bay leaf in the slow cooker.  Turn the slow cooker on high and cook for 6 hours.  (It probably doesn't need that long but that's how long I cooked mine for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment