Friday, October 7, 2016

yummy 3-ingredient potatoes











I actually don't know what these potatoes are called but I watched my friend Shonda make them while I was over picking up my kids from art class.  It looked like such a simple dish to make and I knew that once her potatoes went into the oven the entire house would smell delicious.  I wanted that too.  I had my oldest make them and they were a huge hit!!  I heard ooohs and aaaaahs. And the house smelled sooooo good.

yummy 3-ingredient potatoes (my friend Shonda)
red potatoes
canola oil
packet of onion soup/dip mix (we used Trader Joe's)

I gave my daughter a 9x13 and asked her to pour a little bit of oil in the pan which she did with gusto.  She may have put a little more oil than I would have but the taters turned out crispy which was perfect.  I'd say she put in 1/3 cup of oil.  She then cut up a bunch of red potatoes, enough to fill the bottom of the pan- maybe 8 potatoes.  Then she sprinkled the onion mix on top and combined everything.  We put the pan in the oven at 350 degrees for an hour and a half due to my errand running longer than anticipated.  That's okay because they were PERFECT!

No comments:

Post a Comment