Thursday, June 23, 2016

sesame dan dan noodle bowl



















This soup was just what I was looking for to satisfy my hankering for Asian food- I blame it on the delicious food we had at Kimhoa last weekend.  I saw this recipe in a magazine and snapped a picture. I didn't catch the name of the magazine but that's okay because I adapted the recipe anyway.  Pretty sure it was a Better Homes and Garden for May or June.
I served it with some cantaloupe bread and fresh strawberries.  If you haven't tried cantaloupe bread- it's here.

sesame dan dan noodle bowl
6 ounces Udon noodles, cooked according to package directions
1 pound thinly sliced pork loin, diced
1 tablespoon canola oil
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup tahini sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
4 cups chicken broth
1/3 cup finely chopped pickles
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 green onions, sliced
bunch of cilantro
extra chili garlic sauce

In a saucepan, whisk soy sauce, tahini, vinegar, sesaem oil, garlic and garlic chili sauce.  Stir in broth.  Heat until nice and hot.
In a wok, heat the canola oil and fry the pork until it is nice and brown.  Drain if needed (I didn't need to because I cooked it so well the liquid evaporated).  Add pickles and garlic.  Cook 2 minutes.
Divide noodles into bowls.  Spoon broth over the top.  Top with pork, onions and cilantro.  Definitely top with more chili garlic sauce.  It will pack a punch!
Yum!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment