Sunday, June 19, 2016

julie's famous blueberry pie










My friend Julie, whom I ran into while picking blueberries on Friday, sent me this recipe today.  I was already planning on making chocolate mousse for Father's Day but suddenly felt that two desserts would be way better than one!  I even had all the ingredients on hand which was exciting.  I assisted my youngest daughter while she made this delicious, fresh blueberry pie.  It was a huge hit.
Thank you, Oregon for the best blueberries in the world.

julie's famous blueberry pie (my friend Julie B.)
crust:
1 1/3 cup crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup melted butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Mix all ingredients together.  Put in a greased pie plate.  Chill.

filling:
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1 cup fresh blueberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
3 cups fresh blueberries
whipping cream

In saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch over medium heat.  Add water.  Add 1 cup blueberries.  Cook and stir constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles, about 10 minutes.  Take off heat.  Fold in lemon juice and 3 cups blueberries.  Put into chilled pie crust; chill at least another hour.  Serve with whipped cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment