Tuesday, January 5, 2016

mediterranean chicken wraps










These wraps were flavorful and packed a punch.  I loved them.  My husband wasn't a fan of the tortilla and would've preferred a nice roll or toasted pita so I'll do that next time.  I plan to use the leftover chicken mixture over a bed of spinach for a salad tomorrow for lunch.  Looking forward to that!

mediterranean chicken wraps  (slightly adapted from mel's kitchen cafe)
4 cups cooked and shredded chicken
1 cup crumbled feta cheese (I used reduced fat)
1 cup plain Greek  yogurt (I used fat free)
1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers, patted dry and chopped
1/2 cup kalamata olives, chopped
1-2 green onions, sliced
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 (12-inch) flour tortillas, white or whole wheat
4 cups baby spinach

In a large bowl, combine the chicken, feta, yogurt, red peppers, olives, lemon juice, green onions, salt and pepper.  Divide the spinach among the tortillas, spreading across the entire tortilla.  Spoon the chicken mixture down the center of the tortilla and roll up tightly.  Cut each tortilla in half.  Serve with veggies and hummus.



No comments:

Post a Comment