Friday, December 12, 2014

tomato basil swiss quiche









I made an enormous quantity of this quiche for tomorrow's ward Christmas brunch.  I made this recipe EIGHT times!  And there are others making just as much as I did.  My friend Lindsey made it easy- she delivered all the ingredients along with the recipe.  I can tell you one thing- this recipe is going to be to-die-for.  I just know it.  One of my favorite salad recipes came from Lindsey- Rockey Mountain Salad.  Look it up on this blog.  You'll love it.

tomato basil swiss quiche (my friend Lindsey M.)
4 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 cup cottage cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons flour
2 tablespoons cornmeal
4 teaspoons dried basil

Mix above ingredients well then stir in carefully:
1/2 cup green onion, chopped
2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
1 cup chopped tomato

Pour into greased glass pie dish or 9x9 pan.  Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until set.  Sprinkle with Swiss cheese and serve hot.

What I have to say- If you want to make it eight times, simply 4x the recipe twice and bake in really large pans- they looked like double 9x13 although I didn't measure them. You can mix everything up the day before and bake the next morning.  If baking a larger quantity, bake 45-50 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment