Wednesday, December 10, 2014

eggnog fudge









I've made all kinds of fudge- chocolate, rocky road, peanut butter, pumpkin but I hadn't heard of eggnog fudge until my friend Rachel mentioned she had made it.  I knew I was in for a real treat with this one.  I can't wait until my husband tries it- he loves eggnog.  Terrific recipe.

eggnog fudge (Brown Eyed Baker)
2 cups  granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup eggnog
pinch of salt
12 ounces white chocolate chips (I used Guittard)
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg plus more for dusting the top of the fudge
7 ounce jar of marshmallow creme
1 teaspoon rum extract

Line an 8-inch square pan with foil and let it hang over the side.  Spray lightly with cooking spray; set aside.
In a heavy 3-quart saucepan, combine the sugar, butter, eggnog and salt over medium heat.  Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Continue boiling 8 to 10 minutes, until a candy thermometer reaches 234 degrees F, stirring constantly to prevent scorching.  Remove from heat.
Using a wooden spoon, work quickly to stir in white chocolate chips and nutmeg until chocolate is melted and smooth.  Stir in marshmallow creme and rum extract.  Beat until well blended and then pour into prepared pan.  Sprinkle a little ground nutmeg on top.  Let stand at room temperature until cooled, then refrigerate overnight until firm.
When completely cool, cut into squares.  Store in a covered container in the refrigerator or better yet share with all your friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment