Thursday, December 6, 2012

tandoori chicken









Excellent chicken.  Full of flavor and perfect with steamed jasmine rice.  My friend Danielle from Hershey came to visit when her husband interviewed in my town.  When she came she brought me a recipe book compiled by Parnters In Medicine.  Cookbooks full of favorite recipes are my favorite (!) although the best part was flipping the pages and seeing familiar names.  Now if only I could see all the faces...
P.S.  Danielle's husband got the job and he'll be working with my husband.  Hooray!  My kids are counting down the days until her cute baby comes back. : )

tandoori chicken (my friend Wendy P., PIM cookbook)
3/4 cup coarsely chopped onion
1 teaspoon coarsely chopped peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloves, peeled
1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
dash of ground nutmeg
4 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
cooking spray

Place first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely chopped.  Add yogurt and the next 8 ingredients; pulse 4 times or until blended.
Make 3 diagonal cuts 1/4-inch deep across the top of each chicken breast half.  Combine chicken and yogurt mixture in a large zip-loc plastic bag.  Seal and marinate in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.  Prepare grill.  Remove chicken breast from bag; discard marinade.  Place chicken on grill rack coated with cooking spray.  Cook 6 minutes on each side or until chicken is done.


2 comments:

  1. This post came up in my google reader and I was thinking, "hey, I have a good tandori chicken recipe," imagine how exciting it was to see my name! And yeah for Danielle. They will love it there, I know they will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This truly is excellent! I served it with thai coconut rice and asparagus.

    ReplyDelete