Tuesday, May 1, 2012

rocky mountain salad









My visiting teaching route was recently changed so I hosted a luncheon for my new companion and the gals we will visit together.  My companion is from the Rocky Mountains and brought this delicious Rocky Mountain salad.  Even though we had soup and rolls and dessert to go with it, I about made a meal out of this salad.  My new favorite.

rocky mountain salad (my friend Lindsay)
1 head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped (she used marinated hearts)
1 large avocado, chopped
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 ounces freshly grated Parmesan cheese

dressing
1/4 cup chopped onion
3 tablespoons cinder vinegar
2 teaspoons dijon mustard
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
3/4 cup olive oil

Mix onion, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper in blender.  Gradually add oil and mix well.  Set dressing aside.  In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.  Add dressing to coat and serve immediately.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting. I am hungry just looking at the pics!

    ReplyDelete