Tuesday, May 8, 2012

baked tilapia loins with creamy dill sauce









This dish was better than I ever dreamed.  Hall of Fame.  I made it when my husband was out of town because of the dill but I think he would've loved it.  The fresh dill made it an outstanding dish.  My oldest, who has never liked fish at all ate fish for dinner!  They all dipped their french bread in the sauce because it was so good.

baked tilapia loins with creamy dill sauce (allrecipes.com)
4 (4 ounce) tilapia fillets (use the frozen tilapia loins at Costco!)
salt and pepper to taste
1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning, or to taste
1 lemon, thinly sliced

sauce
1/4 cup light mayonnaise
1/2 cup light sour cream
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (I doubled the dill) 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
Season the tilapia fillets with salt, pepper and Cajun seasoning on both sides.  Arrange the fillets in a single layer in the baking dish.  Place a layer of lemon slices over the fish fillets.
Bake uncovered for 15 to 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
While the fish is baking, mix together the mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic powder, lemon juice and dill in a small bowl.  Serve with tilapia.

4 comments:

  1. Made this sauce before and loved it! The recipe I have calls for grated cucumber in addition. Another fun version. Thanks for all the wonderful recipes! Keep them coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We tried this tonight. Loved the sauce! Thanks for the recipe! -Laura H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is delicious! Last time I made it the kids thought it was too spicy - so I'm trying it again, but this time just seasoning it with seasoning salt and garlic powder. Wish me luck! Excited for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I hope dinner was better than expected! Those cajun seasonings are all a little different. I have to be careful with the current cajun seasoning in my cupboard- it's WAY spicier than the kind I had before.

    ReplyDelete