Thursday, July 23, 2026

chicken feta bake

 











I loved the lemony, herby flavor of this dish and it was quick to throw together.  I added more veggies than the original recipe and was glad I did.  The image above is unbaked.  

chicken feta bake (adapted from oh snap macros)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium zucchini, cubed
1-2 Roma tomatoes, cubed (I prefer Roma to cherry tomatoes)
1/2 cup jarred red pepper strips
1/4 cup kalamata olives
handful of baby spinach, stems removed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 large lemon, juiced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon paprika
salt and pepper
8 ounce block of feta cheese
parsley for garnish (I had dill so I used fresh dill and it was great!)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Add the cubed chicken, zucchini, tomatoes, red pepper strips, olives, and spinach.  Top with olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and mix together evenly to coat.
Make a hole in the center and lay the block of cheese in the center (I didn't have a block so used feta crumbles and just mixed them up).  Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven, break the cheese up and stir into the mixture.  Mix everything to combine and place back in the oven for 5 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through.  Serve over rice or pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment