Wednesday, September 4, 2024

tandoori chicken for naan wraps

 











Again, my oldest daughter gave my youngest daughter a dinner idea and it sounded so good I wanted to make it right away.  When my youngest daughter made her wrap she said, "Mom this is so good.  It's my favorite dinner."
Instead of a naan wrap, I ate mine sort of deconstructed and enjoyed how the flavors came together.  Of course I enjoyed mine with fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, some homemade raita sauce, store-bought garlic hummus and some Asian slaw that I threw together.  Not exactly traditional but I love lots of sauces and lots of flavors.

tandoori chicken for naan wraps (moribyan)
1.5 pounds chicken breast or chicken thighs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ginger powder (if you have fresh, use 1 tablespoon minced)
1 tablespoon minced garlic
2 teaspoons garam masala
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons cumin
2 teaspoons chili powder
1/2 tablespoon turmeric
1 teaspoon coriander
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
2 tablespoons lime juice

Combine chicken, yogurt, ginger, garlic, spices and lime juice.  Mix well and let marinate at least 30 minutes.  The longer the better.
In a large skillet heat the oil and add the chicken.  Cook 10 minutes on each side until browned and cooked through.
Assemble wraps using mini naan bread, cucumbers, lettuce, tomatoes and homemade raita.

homemade raita sauce
1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
1/4 cup shredded cucumber
pinch of cumin
1/4 teaspoon salt
Combine and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment