Friday, February 23, 2024

silky zucchini soup

 












Hall of Fame.  This soup really is silky and delicious.  What made this mild, delicious soup even better was some fresh dill that I am growing in my very own kitchen. 

silky zucchini soup (food & wine)
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (I used 1 tablespoon)
1 small onion, finely chopped (I used 3 tablespoons dried onion)
1 garlic clove, thinly sliced (I used minced garlic)
kosher salt
freshly ground pepper
1 1/2 pounds zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced 1/4-inch thick (I used 5 medium zucchini)
2/3 cup vegetable stock
1 1/2 cups water (I used 2 cups)

In a large saucepan, melt the butter in the olive oil.  Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook over moderately low heat, stirring frequently, until softened, 7 to 8 minutes.
Add the zucchini and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 10 minutes.  Add the stock and 1 1/2 cups of water and bring to a simmer; cook until the zucchini is very soft, about 10 minutes.
Working in two batches, puree the soup in a blender until it's silky-smooth.
Return the soup to the saucepan and season with salt and pepper.  Serve it either hot, garnished with fresh dill.



No comments:

Post a Comment