Thursday, May 2, 2019

lamb pitas with yogurt sauce











I enjoyed my pita meat on the side but the rest of the family actually wrapped the "lamb" in pitas.  I couldn't find lamb because I didn't look very hard and wanted to use pork anyways.  This was a delicious dish and I particularly enjoyed the tomato base which was different than what I've had before.  The meat was tender and delicious and I was more than completely satisfied with our meal.  The whole family enjoyed it.

lamb pitas with yogurt sauce (taste of home)
2 tablespoons oil
2 pounds lamb stew meat
1 large onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/3 cup tomato paste
1/2 cup broth
1 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 medium cucumber
1 cup plain yogurt
pita pocket halves
4 plum tomatoes, sliced

In a large skillet, heat oil.  Brown lamb in batches.  Transfer to slow cooker.  In drippings, saute onion 4-6 minutes.  Add garlic and tomato paste.  Cook and stir for 2 minutes.  Stir in broth, 1 teaspoon salt, basil.  Add to lamb.  Cook on LOW 6-8 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment