Wednesday, April 10, 2019

crustless broccoli and cheddar quiche











I thought I'd like this dish.  But I loved it.  I loved it even more because I took a skinnytaste recipe and made it even more skinny.  And I love skinny. The three oldest in the family enjoyed it, not the three youngest.  That's okay.  They ate the baked potatoes.  I'm really making an effort to please the vegetarians in the family.  It's not always easy.

crustless broccoli and cheddar quiche (adapted from skinnytaste)
cooking spray
3 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
2/3 cup skim milk
5 large eggs
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a pie dish with oil.
Steam the chopped broccoli florets in the microwave with 1 tablespoon water until tender crisp and green but not mushy, about 2 1/2-3 minutes.
Evenly spread the broccoli in the dish and top it evenly with the grated cheese.
Make the egg mixture by whisking together the milk, eggs, salt and pepper.  Pour the egg mixture into the dish and bake 35-40 minutes until the center is set.
Cut the quiche into 6 servings and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment