Thursday, November 8, 2018

baked sticky orange chicken drumsticks











We loved the flavor of the chicken!  However good the chicken was, my girls told me I have got to find a way to make this chicken without bones. :)  My son didn't mind the bones one bit,  he grabbed hold of the drumsticks and ripped the meat right off with his teeth as though he were feasting at Hogwarts.

baked sticky orange chicken drumsticks (sarah's cucina bella)
(I doubled the recipe)
4 pounds chicken drumsticks, about 12
kosher salt and ground black pepper
2/3 cup orange marmalade
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 teaspoons seasoned rice vinegar

Preheat oven to 475 degrees.  Line a baking sheet with nonstick aluminum foil.  Arrange drumsticks on the baking sheet.  Sprinkle with salt and pepper.  (My baking directions are different from the original- I baked them a lot longer!)  Bake for 30 minutes.
While chicken is baking, whisk together the marmalade, soy sauce and vinegar.  Pull the chicken out of the oven and baste with 1/2 of the marmalade mixture.  Return to the oven and bake another 20 minutes.  Take the chicken out again.  Turn the chicken over and baste with the remaining marmalade mixture.  Bake another 10 minutes.  (The chicken was not dry at all!  The tops were nice and brown, the way we like them!)

No comments:

Post a Comment