Tuesday, May 29, 2018

tomatillo avocado salsa











We hosted a Memorial Day BBQ and it was great.  Friends were awesome and the weather was perfect.  My friend Lindsey brought this salsa and after one bite I was asking, "Who made this?".  It wasn't until she went to take her bowl home that I was glad to find out who made it so I could get the recipe.  It's super delicious.  

tomatillo avocado salsa (my friend Lindsey S.)
4-5 tomatillos
1 jalapeno, seeds emoved
1/2 bunch cilantro
1 medium onion
2 cloves garlic
1 avocado, seed and skin removed
1 lime, juiced
1 teaspoon salt

Put everything in a high powered blender and blend for a few minutes until pureed or desired consistency.  If you don't have a high powered blender, make sure to at least quarter the tomatillos, onion, avocado and jalapeno before adding it to your blender.  Keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.
Note:  1 smart point for 1/2 cup, whatever that means. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment