Thursday, January 1, 2015

molasses crinkles









I went to make this recipe for my dad who is visiting from out-of- town and I couldn't believe that this recipe wasn't already on my blog!  I've been making this recipe for years from the "favorites" cookbook I've been compiling since college. I wasn't sure where this recipe originally came from at first but I compared it to the Betty Crocker recipe and it's the same!  I have the recipe doubled in my cookbook because why make a single batch when you can double the recipe and share?!  Here's the recipe, doubled.

molasses crinkles (Betty Crocker)
1 1/2 cups shortening
2 cups packed brown sugar
1/2 cup mild-flavor molasses or full-flavor molasses
2 eggs
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon slat
granulated sugar for rolling

Mix shortening, brown sugar, molasses and egg thoroughly in large bowl.  Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.  Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours (I didn't.).
Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Grease cookie sheet.  Shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.  Roll in granulated sugar.  Place balls 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
Bake 10 to 12 minutes or just until set but not hard.  Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.




No comments:

Post a Comment