Friday, November 1, 2013

yakisoba chicken









I so overate tonight.  It just tasted so good.  I ate my own portion, picked at my sons bowl while he slowly slurped noodles then shamefully had the few last bites of my daughter's.  I may have even had the last bite or two in the pan.  I highly recommend this recipe!

yakisoba chicken (adapted from food.com)
1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste
4 garlic cloves, minced
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 green onions, sliced
1 zucchini, sliced
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
1 pound yakisoba noodles, cooked (I found them in the refrigerated section of the store with the won ton wrappers and such)

Heat a large wok over medium heat.  Add sesame oil, canola oil and Thai red curry paste and saute for one minute.  Add garlic and saute an additional minute.  Add chicken and soy sauce and saute until chicken is no longer pink.  Remove mixture from pan and set aside to keep warm.  In the emptied pan, combine the vegetables.  Stir fry until veggies are tender crisp.  Add the chicken and cooked noodles and mix it up.  Heat through.

What I have to say- this recipe was on the dry side which I loved.  If you want more sauce add another tablespoon of Thai red curry paste mixed with 1/4 cup soy sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment