Monday, August 2, 2021

whole wheat zuchinni pancakes

 







These zucchini pancakes are AWESOME.  I love that they are whole wheat and I love that they contain zucchini, cinnamon and nutmeg.  Instead of syrup we put some light whipped cream and blueberries on top.  I kept pushing more blueberries than whipped cream. :) 

Note:  I reduced the sugar and omitted the fat.  Didn't need it at all.

zucchini pancakes (slightly adapted from two peas and their pod)
2 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
2 teaspsoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoons brown sugar
2 cups buttermilk
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup grated zucchini
Mix dry ingredients together.  Mix wet ingredients together.
Combine wet and dry ingredients.  Fold in zucchini.
Cook pancakes as you normally would.  I used 1/4 cup batter per pancake.


No comments:

Post a Comment