Monday, August 16, 2021

hash brown waffles

 







When I saw this I had to make it!  I knew it would be a big hit.  My 13-year old asked me if we could have these on Christmas morning.  Of course we can!

hash brown waffles (idea from Taste of Home)
8 eggs, divided
1 package refrigerated seasoned hash browns
1/4 cup green chilies
2 tablespoons dehydrated onion (or chop up an onion)
1 tablespoon oil

Whisk 2 eggs in a large bowl.  Stir in potatoes, onion, oil and chiles.  Pour 1/2 cup hash brown batter into a hot waffle iron. Cook 8-12 minutes.  Place each one in the oven to keep warm as they all cook. (Makes 6)
Fry 6 eggs.
Assemble by placing a waffle on a plate with an egg on top.  Top with sliced avocado, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, salsa, etc.  Go crazy- you can even add some cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment