Sunday, August 15, 2021

whole wheat bread

 







Our friends brought over some freshly baked, warm whole wheat bread this afternoon and it was such a treat.  Of course whole wheat is my favorite and this was my favorite recipe yet!  Jana grinds her own wheat which probably makes a difference but I want to give this recipe a try.  It's for 6 loaves but I plan to halve the recipe since I don't have 6 loaf pans.

whole wheat bread (my friend Jana)
9.5 cups whole wheat, ground (equivalent of 15 cups ground flour)
5 cups warm water
1 rounded tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoons yeast
1000-2000mg vitamin C crushed into powder (ascorbic acid)
2-2 1/2 tablespoons salt
2/3 cup olive oil
2/3 cup honey

Dissolve yeast and sugar in water until foamy (about 5 minutes).  Add salt, oil, vitamin C, and honey.  Add flour 1/2 cup at a time while bosch is running.  After flour is added completely, knead on full speed for 10 minutes.  Form into loaves (Jana does 6 loaves in 8x4 inch pans).  Place in greased loaf pans.  Let rise until double.  Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment