Tuesday, January 12, 2021

buffalo chickpea salad

 








I tried this recipe because my vegetarian daughter needs to try a lactose free diet.  You know what that means.  Vegan diet (insert scream)!  I've done this before but I needed some new recipes up my sleeve for the week.  I can do this for a week. :)

Note:  For the non-vegans I provided some grilled chicken, cheese and Doritos and every member of the family was in HEAVEN.  Everyone loved the chickpeas.  GREAT recipe that works for families with mixed dietary needs.

buffalo chickpea salad (veggies save the day)

1 tablespoon vegan butter

1 can (14.5 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and dried

1/4 cup Frank's Red Hot

1 head romaine lettuce

1/2 pint cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered

1 avocado, sliced

other veggies:  sliced green onion, diced cucumbers, cilantro, etc.

tortilla chips

vegan ranch dressing


Melt the vegan butter in a skillet on medium heat.  Add the chickpeas (and I added 1 tablespoon minced dried onion).  Stir until the sauce is thickened, about 5 minutes.  Remove from heat and set aside.  Assemble the salads with veggies and divide the chickpeas among the bowls. Sprinkle with tortilla chips and drizzle with ranch dressing.




No comments:

Post a Comment