Tuesday, June 9, 2020

sunshine jam





















Anyone in need of a little liquid sunshine?  This pineapple jam turned out GREAT and I am so excited about it!  I got the idea because a friend's birthday was coming up and she loves all things tropical because she lived in Hawaii during her college years so the idea of pineapple jam came to me and I had to go with it.  My family thought it was pretty great on crackers with cream cheese, by the way.  I ended up making three batches.  Each batch made 4 jars with a little left over...to eat right away of course!

sunshine jam (pineapple jam) (keyingredient.com)
1 (20 ounce) can of crushed pineapple
6 to 8 ounces unsweetened pineapple juice
3 cups white sugar
1.175 ounce box Sure Jell pectin powder (pretty sure my box was 2 ounces)
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (I used 1 teaspoon and all batches turned out great)

Prepare steamer or water bath.
Prep the jars by cleaning them (I put them in the dishwasher and timed it right so the jars were hot as I needed to till them).  Set them on a large baking sheet.
Empty the undrained can of crushed pineapple into a large measuring cup and add enough pineapple juice to equal 3 1/4 cups.
In a large pot, add the pineapple and juice and pectin and bring to a rolling boil.
Add all of the sugar at once and stir.
Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly.  Add the butter and continue stirring for 1-3 minutes.  
Using a ladle, fill the clean canning jars and with a clean, damp cloth quickly wipe off the rims of the jars and put the two piece lids on.  Process the jars in a steamer or water bath for 10 minutes.  Remove and cool on the counter.

No comments:

Post a Comment