Monday, October 23, 2023

pancakes

 








This is my go-to pancake recipe and it's FINALLY on my blog.  I can stop taking out the Betty Crocker cookbook every time and instead pull it up my phone. Yay.  I like to add a little bit of vanilla and cinnamon to the recipe.

pancakes (Betty Crocker's 40th Anniversary Edition Cookbook)
1 egg
1 cup flour
3/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon granulated or packed brown sugar (I usually use half that)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
optional:  teaspoon of vanilla and generous sprinkling of cinnamon

Beat egg with hand beater in medium bowl until fluffy.  Beat in remaining ingredients.
Heat skillet to 375 degrees.  Grease griddle with butter.  For each pancake, pour 1/4 cup batter onto hot griddle.  Cook pancakes until puffed and dry around the edges.  Turn and cook other sides until golden brown.





No comments:

Post a Comment