Tuesday, August 30, 2022

savory bean spinach soup

 











My family ate it all up!  It was a great soup and what made it the greatest was the fresh basil from my big pot of basil outside.  It's soaking up the summer sun and loving it.  I served this soup with fresh rolls and made a side of egg salad for the rolls.

savory bean spinach soup (Eating Well)
3 (14 ounce) cans vegetable broth
1 (15 ounce) can tomato puree
1 (15 ounce) can  Great Northern beans, rinsed and drained
1/2 cup converted white rice (I used 1 cup cooked jasmine rice from my fridge)
1/2 cup finely chopped onion (I used 2 tablespoons dehydrated onion)
2 cloves garlaic, minced
1 tablespoon fresh basil, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
4 big handfuls of kale leaves
shredded parmesan to top

In a slow cooker combine broth, tomato puree, beans, rice, onion, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.  
Cover.  Cook on low heat for 5-7 hours or high heat for 3-4 hours.
Stir in kale.  Serve with Parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment