Wednesday, August 24, 2022

easy slow cooker cabbage soup

 

















All FOUR of my kids ate this soup happily.  As babies and little kids they ate everything I put in front of them.  Now that I have a few vegetarians they are tricky to feed but I made this soup and breadsticks (breadsticks for the 3rd time in a week) and they were happy campers.  I love this recipe.

easy slow cooker cabbage soup (I heart nap time)
1 cup chopped yellow onion
2-3 cups chopped cabbage
1-2 cups cut green beans (I used frozen)
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped or shredded carrots
1 small zucchini, diced
1 bell pepper, chopped (I substituted frozen peas)
15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 teaspoon minced garlic
32 ounces vegetable broth
salt and pepper to taste

Place all of the chopped vegetables in the bottom of the slow cooker base.  Add in the diced tomatoes and tomato paste.  Sprinkle with Italian seasoning, garlic, salt and pepper.  Pour the broth over the top.
Cook on high for 4-5 hours or on low for 7-8 hours or until the vegetables are tender.  Add more salt and pepper to taste.  Ladle into bowls and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment