Thursday, May 5, 2022

fresh veggie and herb couscous salad

 

I adapted a recipe my daughter found that she wanted me to make.  I omitted the veggies I didn't want and added the ones I did.  AND used boxes of Parmesan couscous mix.  This recipe was a snap to throw together and so fresh and delicious!

fresh veggie and herb couscous salad
2 boxes Near East couscous mix, Parmesan flavor (made according to package directions)
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
2 scallions, thinly sliced
1/2 English cucumber, diced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup green bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup olive oil
2 teaspoons grated lemon zest plus 1/4 cup juice
2 cups roughly chopped leafy herbs such as dill, basil and parsley (I mostly used 1/4 cup fresh dill)

Prepare couscous.
In a large bowl, toss tomatoes, scallions, cucumber, bell peppers and fresh herbs. 
Combine olive oil with lemon zest and juice.  Add to the salad.
Toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment