Wednesday, May 11, 2022

chile relleno cassesrole

 











This casserole is SOOOO good.  I have a feeling I'm going to be making this one every chance I get.  It's so easy to make, too.

chile relleno casserole (yummyhealthyeasy.com)
2 (10 ounce) cans whole green chiles (I used a 27 ounce can)
6 ounces Monterrey Jack cheese, cut into strips (I used jalapeno jack)
8 eggs
2/3 cup milk
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, set aside.
Drain green chiles.  Place a strip of cheese into each green chile and place in the baking dish.  Once all the stuffed green chiles are inside the pan, mix together the eggs, milk, flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.  Beat with a whisk until smooth (I needed to use an electric hand-held mixer).
Pour the egg mixture over the chiles and top with cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes.  Slice into squares and serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment