Friday, January 7, 2022

creamy curry cauliflower soup

 











My friend Dee-Anna in Oregon told me she was making this soup.  I just so happen to love creamy cauliflower soup but hadn't made it with curry.  I had everything I needed to make it right away so I did.  I love this soup!  It's super creamy and flavorful.

creamy curry cauliflower soup (adapted from my friend Dee-Anna)
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 cup onions, diced
1/2 cup carrots, diced
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon salt
1 head cauliflower, broken up into small pieces
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
3 cups vegetable broth

Prepare vegetables.  Add oil to a large pot and heat on medium heat.
Add onions, garlic and carrots and salt to the pot.  Saute for about 7 minutes.
Add cauliflower, spices and vegetable broth to the pot.  Stir and increase temperature to a boil.
Reduce heat to simmer.  Cover and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Blend soup until desired consistency.  Sprinkle with black pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment