Sunday, January 2, 2022

best cranberry orange chocolate muffins

 







These muffins got great reviews from my family.  They started out as "best cranberry orange muffins" until I added chocolate chips and piped some chocolate icing on top.  I knew I couldn't go wrong there...and I was right.

best cranberry orange chocolate muffins (adapted from little sweet baker)
2 1/2 cups flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup milk
zest of one orange, about 1 tablespoon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 1/2 cups fresh cranberries (I used frozen)
3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate icing for piping on top of the muffins, optional

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Line muffin tins with paper liners (I needed 16).
In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder and salt.  Set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the vegetable oil, sugar, eggs, milk, orange juice, vanilla and orange zest.  Slowly add to the dry ingredients.  Mix until just combined, then fold in the cranberries.  Divide the batter into the muffin cups.
Bake at 425 degrees for 5 minutes then reduce the oven temperature to 375 degrees and bake for another 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment