Sunday, October 24, 2021

dairy-free banana blueberry muffins

 







This muffin recipe turned out to be a good one!  My son asked me if I used whole wheat flour (he asked in a skeptical tone).  I replied that no, I used plain white flour.  His confidence in these muffins improved.  I was already pretty confident because I stuffed them full of bananas and blueberries.  My second oldest ate three in a row and thought they were pretty darn good.

dairy-free banana blueberry muffins (adapted from allrecipes.com)
3 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups mashed ripe bananas
1 cup canola oil (I used 1/2 cup oil and 1/2 cup water)
1 cup coconut milk (I used light)
2 handfuls of fresh blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners (I lined 15).
Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt in a large mixing bowl.  Stir bananas, oil and coconut milk together in a separate bowl; mix banana mixture into flour mixture until just combined.  Fill muffin cups with batter.
Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, 30-35 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment