Sunday, March 14, 2021

curry rub for chicken thighs

 







Last night I cooked for my family, my parents and my daughter's boyfriend whom we met for the first time.  We had basmati rice with lime and cilantro, curried lentils and I decided I needed some meat for the non-vegetarians in the house so found this curry rub.  It far exceeded my expectations (it was delicous!) and my parents who are not adventurous eaters in the least really liked it.  Win!

curry rub for chicken thighs (adapted from ruled.me)
10 boneless, skinless chicken thights, trimmed of fat
2 teaspoons yellow curry
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teapsoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon chili powder

Cut chicken into small pieces and place in a zip-loc bag.
Combine all the spices in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
Open the zip-loc bag and pour the spices inside.  Seal the bag and move the spices and chicken around in the bag so the chicken is coated with the spices.  Marinate for a couple hours if you have time.
Heat a skillet with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil.  Cook chicken until cooked thoroughly. 
We served ours with rice, curried lentils and salad.  The chicken is great in salad, by the way!


No comments:

Post a Comment