Tuesday, September 6, 2011

tuna casserole









Every once in a while I need tuna casserole.  Not any tuna casserole, my tuna casserole.  I plan to always make it when I know my husband will not be home for dinner but I always anticipate that when he comes home he will ask, "What's that smell?".  I get a kick out it every time because he knows what it is yet he always has to say it in a dramatic voice (hoping I'll never make it again?).  My kids also love this recipe which is why it's sad that I don't make it more often.

tuna casserole (my recipe)
4 cups cooked spiral pasta
2 cans white albacore tuna (Costco sells the best albacore tuna)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup light mayo or sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
1/4 cup green peas, optional

In a medium bowl, combine tuna, cream of mushroom soup, mayo or sour cream, green onions, 1 1/2 cups Cheddar cheese and peas.  Add cooked pasta.  Pour into a prepared pan then sprinkle with 1/2 cup shredded Cheddar.  Bake at 350 until nice and hot, about 30 minutes.

What I have to say- my husband would disagree if I put this into the seafood category so I guess I'll just go with "casseroles" this time.  He'd probably be right.

No comments:

Post a Comment