This was a very nice soup. I loved swapping out the artichoke hearts in this soup for hearts of palm and I loved having them in a soup. I'd never tried that before. I omitted the spinach for dinner because my youngest doesn't like spinach but in a couple years when he's on his own I will put SO much spinach in it! I also love the "hidden" cauliflower.
slow cooker chicken, spinach and hearts of palm soup (adapted from EatingWell)
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 jar hearts of palm in brine
4 cups frozen riced cauliflower
8 ounces light cream cheese
4 cups chicken broth
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 cup reduced fat milk
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground pepper
3/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella cheese
1 (5 ounce) bag baby spinach, about 5 cups
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh chives
Add the chicken, hearts of palm, cauliflower, cream cheese, broth, onion, milk, garlic powder, salt, pepper, onion powder and crushed red pepper to a 6-quart slow cooker; stir to combine. Cover and cook about 4 hours on high of 6-7 hours on low. Transfer the chicken to a cutting board and shred.
Stir in mozzarella, spinach and the shredded chicken. Cook on high until the soup is thickened and the spinach is wilted, about 15 minutes.
Divide the soup among bowls. Sprinkle with parsley and chives.

No comments:
Post a Comment