Tuesday, September 3, 2024

copycat Costco stuffed peppers

 









My youngest daughter got some dinner ideas from my oldest daughter and one of them was Costco stuffed peppers but instead of buying them I found this delicious copycat recipe.  Now, I don't know if they are like Costco's recipe or not but the recipe is awesome.  The only substitution I made was ground chicken instead of ground beef to lighten it up.  They were perfect.  We enjoyed them with a dollop of light sour cream on top.

copycat Costco stuffed peppers (copy me that)
3 bell peppers, halved lengthwise and stem removed
1 pound ground beef (I used quality ground chicken)
1 cup cooked rice
1/2 cup onion, chopped (I used 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes to save time)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese

Place bell peppers in a casserole dish.  Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
In a large skillet start to brown the ground beef.  Add the chopped onion and garlic.  When the meat is just about cooked through add the rice, chili powder, paprika, salt, pepper and diced tomatoes.  Cook until everything is cooked through and nice and hot.  Turn off the heat.  Scoop the filling into the peppers.  Top with shredded cheese.
Cover the casserole dish with foil and bake for 50-55 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment