Wednesday, December 20, 2023

homemade mac & cheese

 











My 16-year old hosted a Friendsgiving and invited her friends to bring side dishes, drinks and desserts and I was amazed by what they brought.  Her friend Mason brought homemade mac & cheese and it was so good I asked his mom for the recipe.  I have made it since and adjusted it ever so slightly.

homemade mac & cheese (my friend Jenny)
Make a white sauce with:
3 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup flour

Blend in a Vitamix:
3 cups milk
1 cup cottage cheese
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon (I used vegetable flavored)
1 tablespoon lemon pepper (didn't have so I used 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash and some salt to taste

Add milk and cottage cheese mixture to the white sauce.  Boil 1-2 minutes.  Remove from heat and stir in 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese.
Boil 3 cups macaroni.  Drain.
Pour pasta into a 9x13 glass dish.  Pour white sauce over the top.  Top with more shredded cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until cheese melts, about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment