Friday, May 26, 2023

camie's favorite turkey meatballs


 







These are my favorite turkey meatballs and I keep forgetting to put them on this blog so I have to keep trying to find the little index card where I wrote this recipe down.  FINALLY it will be where it needs to be. :)

camie's favorite turkey meatballs
1 egg
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tablespoon basil (I used fresh this time)
1 tablespoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 1/2 pounds ground turkey meat
1 tablespoon olive oil

In a medium bowl, combine egg and all ingredients except the ground turkey.  Combine very well then add the ground turkey. 
Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Use a cookie scoop to form meatballs and place each one in the skillet.  Once all the meatballs have had a chance to brown on one side, turn them over and let them brown on the other side.  Let them continue to cook until they are cooked through.
I like to eat them with tzatziki sauce!

No comments:

Post a Comment