Tuesday, February 28, 2023

peanut chicken spring roll bowl (salad)

 







My friend Erin recommended this recipe to me and we loved it!  The peanut sauce is SO good!! My vegetarians enjoyed it without the chicken, of course.

peanut chicken spring roll bowl (My friend found it on Half-Baked Harvest)
4 cups shredded romaine or cabbag
4 carrots, shredded
4 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup fresh cilantro or Thai basil, chopped
1/2 cup diced mango
2 Persian cucumbers, thinly sliced
1/2 cup pickled jalapenos, chopped
1/3 cup peanuts, chopped
4 ounces vermicelli rice noodles, cooked (we used the brown rice noodles from Costco)
1-2 cup cooked shredded chicken (I browned and sliced a couple chicken breasts)
1 avocado, diced

peanut dressing
1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup toasted sesame oil (I used 2 tablespoons)
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2-3 tablespoons chili sauce
2 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons lime juice
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger (I omitted since I didn't have fresh ginger)

In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots, green onions, cilantro, mango, cucumbers, jalapenos and peanuts.
To make the dressing, combine all ingredients in a food processor or use a whisk to combine.  Add water as needed to thin.
Pour half the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.  Divide the salad between bowls.  Top each with noodles, chicken and avocado.  Drizzle with more dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment