Thursday, October 20, 2022

inside out dumplings (meatballs)

 






I am so behind on posting.  I blame it on having a child getting married...soon!  Imagine these meatballs with a drizzle of teriyaki or soy glazed chili sauce.   I stay away from added sugars but you probably don't so do that.  I really enjoyed these meatballs so I'm glad I doubled the recipe because I've been eating them for lunch all week.

inside out dumplings (Costco Connection Magazine, October 2022)
1 pound ground pork or beef (I used lean ground turkey)
4 ounces canned water chestnuts, drained and finely minced
3 tablespoons panko breadcrumbvs
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger, grated or finely minced
1 teaspoon garlic, grated or finely minced
1 large scallion, minced
1 egg, lightly beaten
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

I did not follow Costco's instructions to air fry them.  I poured a little bit of olive oil into a frying pan and pan fried them.  You can do what you wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment